Top Ten Tips to creating your Dream Holiday in West Sussex
YOUR holiday is important to you… but we all want slightly different things from our holiday…
- Be clear about what you want out of your holiday, both individually and as a family / group. Make a list and write down what you want to do, have, experience during your holiday.
This list can then be the basis for where you may expect to go, what amenities there may be locally to satisfy the needs of the party eg you may wish to have a cycling holiday but there are younger children in the party in which case a holiday at Living Elements on the Manhood Peninsula, South of Chichester is perfect for you, as there are few gradients and country lanes to meander down.
- For coastal and beach holidays but not right on the beach with all the parking and access problems that happen during the Summer months especially, again Living Elements is ideal. Many beaches are within 4-5 miles maximum. Some are made of fine sand, some are shingly with more wildlife. There is a Nature Reserve within 3/4mile, a short walk or cycle. There are miles of almost unused paths close to the house that can take you through woods and copses, open farmland, along the coast / beach, along local canals. The choice is yours. Don’t come here if you want mountain scenery – the South Downs are not that high!, although there is a good view to Beachy Head, Worthing and Portsmouth / Southampton / Isle of Wight on a fine day from the top of the Downs! The South Downs DO offer some excellent walking opportunities including very steep climbs, but they don’t go on “for ever”.
- If you are looking for culture – is this for the theatre and cinemas or art galleries or open air galleries; museums and working museums? We have them all in close proximity to Living Elements. Also country houses and estates eg Stansted House, Goodwood House, Arundel Castle. More details by following this link
- Do you want to come and coincide your holiday with special specific events? The Goodwood Estate has many but there are others on land and water. Garden Shows at Stansted House, Food Festivals at West Dean Gardens, special jousting events, medieval events atc at Arundel Castle, SeaLife events in Selsey mainly July/August; Herb events, village Open Garden events and Flower Festivals in Parish churches and the Cathedral are very popular and inspiring. There are Rare Breed Shows, Ploughing Competitions and lots more. Look at the www.VisitChichester.org.uk website for up-to-date information.
- Are you looking for a well appointed house with plenty of facilities in the house itself? You may be eating out a lot, or choosing to cook “at home” when you have more time to enjoy the experience rather than because you need to eat something “now”! The Living Elements’ kitchen is easy to work in with plenty of work surfaces and equipment to cater for small and large groups. We can even organise for a professional chef to come in and cook a special meal for you whilst you relax and enjoy the party. There is a washing machine and tumble drier – important if you have younger members of the family to cope with, plus a large rotary drier and drying stands.
- Want some extra luxury that you don’t have at home? The sauna and luxury hot tub and spa are just perfect for whiling away a few hours, whilst helping your circulatation, skin and sense of peace and well-being. Doing more of “nothing” can be a great holiday in itself and very recuperative.
- Are you looking for a quiet holiday? Does this mean sitting with a hot drink and a good book or playing on the computer or going for a leisurely stroll? No problem! Or maybe this means luxuriating in the onsite hot tub and sauna with a glass in hand. Or perhaps unwinding with a massage at the Living Elements Clinic opposite?
- Safe and easy parking for cars and maybe an extra caravan / tent may be an inportant consideration. At Living Elements we can easily cater for these options, even the “brought-in accommodation” for extended family and friends. Speak to Gayle about this if your require it. Afterall, this is a very quiet, self-contained holiday location, not a noisy holiday park! If you want the best of both worlds, this can also be arranged!
- Want some Green Options? Living Elements has solar water heating and a high tech heating system as well. The house has masses of insulation too so you can reduce your environmmental impact immediately. Plus we have many recycling and renewing policies in action too. They are easy to implement and every bit counts… There are food-waste saving devices such as spaghetti measures too and others in the kitchen.
- Are facilities for Children and babies important? We have 2 child travel cots and 2 high chairs available for your “small people” and child gates can be put up if you need them. We also have baby alarms and baby monitors, plus bottle heaters etc. There are some books suitable for mainly young children and a few videos, but feel free to bring extra to keep them occupied. Our sleeping accommodation is easily split between upstairs and down so that grand parents can come along but also have some quiet space for themselves too, away from the family. It may be possible to arrange child-minding facilities during your stay.
- Do you have specific active hobbies or sports that you like to induldge in? This area is famous for windsurfing and body boarding at West Wittering Beach, also kite-surfing. There is sailing in Chichester Harbour. Bird watching at the world famous Pagham Harbour Reserve, Selsey Bill and around Chichester Harbour itself, either in an organised group or on your own, particularly during the Autumn migration and winter. There are many dancing clubs with different styles locally – Jive, Salsa, Latin-American, Ballroom that welcome new and visting members. Golf clubs abound- Chichester Park, Goodwood, Goodwood Park, Selsey etc Fishing trips go from Selsey, Witterings and Chichester Harbour, usually Itchenor village. Painting – especially favoured is Bosham, but anywhere locally will give you fabulous landscapes in variety! Plus there is hiking and walking along the South Downs Way and lots about the Peninsula. In the winter there is even snow on the hills (and occasionally here!)
I hope I have given you sufficient reasons to take your holiday in this area that is rich in things to do, and also an oasis of calm if that is what you want!
Living Elements -“Your home from home during your dream holiday.”